One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

torsdag, november 4

It's curious, but I feel strangely unmoved by the election result. Obviously I'd have been happier if the other guy had won and everythign, but if Bush won by 3,000,000 or so votes on a record turnout, then who am I to argue? After all, you get the government you deserve.

And there are a few chickens that should come home to roost over the next few years (like that budget deficit that will sink the dollar some time soon) that could well make this one a good one to lose for the dems. I mean - how long are teh Americans going to put up with the situation in Iraq, for example? And I think there'sll be a hell of a fight over things like abortion over there.

It all promises to be quite interesting. And if you're a liberal American, as scary as hell.