One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

onsdag, november 26

Good things to say about the trains shock!

After I'd driven into Leeds on Monday, I was left with a railway ticket that I hadn't used, and which was only valid for that day. Since I hadn't travelled because the train hadn't arrived, I thought I was probably entitled to a refund. But I had all sorts of images of being told to send some horrible form to Arriva trains, waiting about six months for my £13.30 and being charged a tenner for having tha audacity to ask for my money back (something of which the trainline is guilty, by the way).

So it was with some resignation that I stood in the queue at Preston station on Tuesday morning. I was all set for a bit of a ruck (I'm a bit grumpy at 7am in the winter).

Not a bit of it. I got to the end of the line, told the guy my story, he stamped my ticket and wrote an explanation on it, and it was valid for that day's journey. Bonus! The guard on the train took my ticket and was full of apologies about Monday's debacle to boot.

Just goes to show - some people do care. Mind you, there was no heating on the train this morning...