One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

måndag, november 10

Well, I packed Sam and Isobel off to Paris yesterday on Easyjet (can you believe it was just £70 return for the pair of them?!). Apparently they had a good flight and ended up with a whole row of seats. Well, would you want to sit next to a mother and toddler on a plane unless you absolutely had to?

On the way home I called in at IKEA to get some Swedish things for Christmas. Somehow I can’t shake off Christmas in Sweden – so much more fun and less fraught than in the UK. Anyway, I got some julmust, which is a beery (though non-alcoholic) soft drink that is only available at Christmas – plus a pepperkakor (gingerbread) house that Isobel will like very much I should imagine.

Strange being on my own. Usually it’s me that goes off for work – so I guess it’s my turn.