One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

måndag, oktober 20

Actually, there is one thing I need to write about. My parent have sold their house, and they’re moving on Thursday back down to Worcestershire, which is where they both come from. It’s a bit strange for me, because the house they’ve sold is the one I grew up in. And it means I won’t have much call for going to Wigan anymore. Not that I have much regard for Wigan – which is as I have mentioned before a dump, but it’s still a part of me that’s gone forever I suppose, and it’s made me feel a bit strange.

One interesting thing is that I shall be taking their cat down there for them at the weekend. Sensibly they’ve booked him into the cattery for a few days while they move. The thing is, this is a cat that throws up constantly and copiously if you put him in the car for a few minutes – so what it will be like going about 200km on the M6 I don’t know. I shall be opening the windows and buying a new air freshener though, I can tell you. It’ll be good though – because I shall get to see their new house.