One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

måndag, maj 2

Gosh. No posts for six weeks.

What's been happening? Not a lot, frankly. I've been working away, we went to Brittany for the weekend last weekend, and we had some friends over this weekend.

One thing that's happened is that I was doing a bit of research into Internet games for one of my clients the other week, and found out about something called Perplex City - which is one of those big puzzle things like the Nokia Game a few years ago.

Anyway - I signed up, and a couple of weeks ago got an email with a frankly very simple riddle in it. It said that the first 333 people to send the solution would get a gift, which presumably is something that will help you win the prize of €150,000.

I wasn't very busy, and I happened to see the email arive at my desk, so I sent off my solution and promptly forgot about it. until Saturday, when the pack arrived. it was a bunch of stickers, postcards, a pin and all the rest of it. Which was lovely.

Now frankly I'm not all that interested in the game itself - because I know I'm not really going to put in the effort required to win the prize. I have a wife, a daughter, a job, a life and all the rest of it. So I thought I'd put it on eBay and see what happened.

Well, the short answer, for the first day, was nothing. Nobody looked at it, even. But this morning I woke up and found about 10 questions from eBayers in my inbox - asking questions like "prove it's genuine" and "do you post to the US?"

I looked at the item,and so far it's been looked at by 163 people (from a standing start yesterday), I've had two bids, and 10 people are watching. It closes on Thursday - and I'm expecting a bidding frenzy. Frankly if nobody else bids on it at all I've still turned nothing into £5.50, but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised now if it didn't go for £50.

Bizarre, eh?