One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

torsdag, januari 22

Sorry – haven’t written for a while, because I’ve been busy. It’s quite good actually – I’ve never really had a job where I’ve been busy all the time before. In Sweden and Singapore I spent a lot of time sitting on my thumbs, to be frank – although I did get VERY good at Midtown Madness 2.

We have a flat now in Leeds, which is OK – it’s rented, because we’re not really familiar with the area and so we need to have a proper look round before we buy anywhere. It’s not very big – firstly because it’s cheap and secondly because I don’t want to be too comfortable or we’ll never move. But it’s clean and in a nice area and new – and there’s next to no chance of stumbling into the kitchen first thing in the morning and being squared up to by an 8cm cockroach like there was in Singapore. Which will be nice.

What else will be nice will be being reunited with our stuff, some of which we haven’t seen for more than two years. It’s been in storage since we left Stockholm in 2001, so I expect there will be quite a few things we have that we’ve forgotten about.