One man's struggle to come to terms with leaving Wigan.

tisdag, februari 17

Sometimes God moves in mysterious ways. Last week I was told I had to go to some ball or other for a bit of corporate schmoozing. Not my idea of heaven (free booze, admittedly – but also the problem that I can’t get smashed in front of the client), but needs must.

The problem is, I don’t have a dinner suit, and my finances are a little stretched at the moment what with having just moved house (again) and all. So I went off to Marks and Sparks and did the decent thing - £150 for a machine-washable el-cheapo version. It’ll do, but still a bit of an outlay right now.

And when I get back to my desk, what do I see? An email out of the blue from an agency in Sweden asking me to do a little proofing. Which will pay… £150.

Odd, eh?